We begin with a drive to admire the magnificent man-made wonder of Kárahnúkar dam before heading to our hiking start point of Hafrahvammar.
We hike along the riverbed of the massive ravine which is one of the deepest in Iceland at 200 meters (656 feet). From this angle, we discover a whole new world of natural discoveries while crossing streams in the canyon and breathing in fresh Arctic air.
After our hike, we take a short drive to Laugavalladalur Valley for a dip in the natural warm pools and the warm flowing waterfall. This delightful day of discovery ends in Egilsstaðir or at your accommodation.
Please note that departure dates may vary depending on the water level in Hálslón reservoir and weather conditions.
25 June – 31 October.
Other dates available upon request
|Minimum on tour:
2 adults or minimum rate.
|Duration: 9–10 hrs.
Drive: 3,5 hrs.
Hike: 5–6 hrs.
|Trip difficulty: 3 out of 5 possible.
Click here for more information about difficulty levels.
If you want a private tour, please contact us for more information.
You need to bring: Good hiking shoes, warm clothes, rain gear, small backpack, drinks, and snack.
● Reservation is necessary at least 48 hours in advance.
● If you need a to pick up service to your hotel, please advise when you reserve the tour.
● If you need to be picked up outside of Egilsstaðir please advice, an additional charge may apply.
● Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.
● Departure dates may vary depending on weather and road conditions.
● All our trips can be changed into group tours and tailor-made tours.
To see our terms and conditions click here.