Experience an icy playground of snow-capped mountains and glacial landscapes on a winter Super Jeep safari in the unspoiled beauty of East Iceland. Traveling along the mountain pass of Breiðdalsheiði heath we cross moorlands and feel an overwhelming connection to nature.
When we arrive at Mt. Kistufell located 1115 m. (3600 ft.) above sea level, there may have a chance to see all the way to Vatnajökull Glacier, Mt. Snæfell, and across Breiðdalur Valley.
We breathe in sparkling, clear sub-arctic air and appreciate the spectacular and untouched vista that has hardly changed since the first Viking settlers arrived more than 1,000 years ago.
Daily from 1 February – 30 April
Breiðdalsvík / Egilsstaðir.
|Minimum/ maximum on the tour:
2 adults or minimum rate.
Max 12 adults.
|Pick up/ drop off:
At Hotels and guesthouses in the
Breiðdalsvík and Egilsstaðir area.
09:00 am or based on an agreement.
3 – 4 hours
If you want a private tour please contact us for more information.
- Reservation is necessary.
- This tour starts in Breiðdalsvík and Egilsstaðir.
- If you need a pick up at another place please advice when you reserve the tour. Please note that additional cost may apply.
- If you are more then 12 adults please contact us for tour bookings.
- Child prices apply for children 12 years and younger.
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour. This is a wilderness tour and for that sake, the bathroom facilities are very rudimentary.
- If you want to buy a lunch pack please advise when you book the tour. Additional cost will apply.
To see our terms and conditions click here.