The snow-dusted knife edges of Mt. Dyrfjöll sets the stage for diverse hiking through the beautiful harshness of mountainous East Iceland. You experience first-hand a diverse trail of untouched mossy expanses, crystal pools, and glaciated landscapes. Mount Dyrfjöll has steep slopes, loose gravel and is famous for a huge gap or door in the middle of the mountain.
The view from this jagged peak is simply awesome. Our reward at the end of the day is a luxuriating visit to the seaside spa at Blábjörg where we soak outside in warm water with sweeping views of Borgarfjörður Fjord.
20 June – 10 October
Other dates available upon request
|Minimum on the tour:
2 adults or minimum rate.
|Duration: 11-12 hrs.
Drive: 2 hrs.
Hike: 9 hrs.
|Trip difficulty: 4 out of 5 possible.
Click here for more information about difficulty levels.
Included: Guide, transfer, spa after the hike, spikes, and poles.
Pickups for this tour: All accommodations close to Egilsstaðir and in the Borgarfjörður area.
You need to bring: Warm, wind and waterproof clothing, good hiking shoes, a small backpack, lunch, and drinks. Bathing suit and a towel for the spa after the hike.
If you want a private tour please contact us for more information.
● Reservation is necessary at least 48 hours in advance.
● If you need pick up service to your hotel please advice when you reserve the tour.
● If you need to be picked up outside of Egilsstaðir please advice, an additional charge may apply.
● Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.
● Departure dates may vary depending on weather and road conditions.
● For group offers or tailor-made options please send us a request.
To see our terms and conditions click here.