Escape to the hauntingly beautiful landscapes of Iceland’s Eastfjords to see wild reindeer in their natural habitat. Reindeer were imported to Iceland in the 18th century and today can only be found in East Iceland. Sightings are best in summer or in winter when the herds migrate into the valleys.
Led by a local specialist guide, this 4-hour tour is a safe opportunity for a personal wilderness experience. By tracking wild reindeer, get to know the lives of these extraordinary animals which master the northern climate.
Along the way foster a connection with the Icelandic nature and enjoy sweeping views of snow-streaked mountains divided by deep fjords.
01 January – 15 July
20 September – 31 December
Breiðdalsvík and Egilsstaðir.
|Minimum on the tour:
2 adults or minimum rate.
|Pick up/ drop off:
At Hotels and guesthouses in the
Breiðdalsvík and Egilsstaðir area.
15 Sept – April 15 at 10:00.
- Reservation is necessary.
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.
- If you need a pick up at another place please advice when you reserve the tour. Additional cost will apply.
- If you are more then 12 adults please contact us for tour bookings.
- Child prices apply for children 12 years and younger.
- If you want to buy a lunch pack please advise when you book the tour. Additional cost will apply.
To see our terms and conditions click here.