Riding through fertile Jökuldalur Glacier Valley, we encounter picture-perfect waterfalls en route to Sænautasel, a restored turf-roof farm that dates back to 1843. Here we stop to enjoy antiques from past times and a light meal in a remote highland area situated by a lake and nestled in heathlands.
We continue our voyage along the deep ravines of Hafrahvammagljúfur to bathe under a hidden gem – a naturally warm geothermal waterfall in Laugarvalladalur Valley. Ideal for taking a bath or a shower in the warm waterfall where the stream runs into the valley’s main river.
We stop at Kárahnjúkar, the biggest power plant in Europe, to take encounter epic views of the canyon below. On the way back we drive towards Fljótsdalur Valley to visit Iceland’s largest forest, Hallormsstaðarskógur with larch, red spruce, native birch, rowan, and willow trees. While there, be on the lookout for the legendary monster of Lake Lagarfljót.
June 15 – October 31
|Minimum/maximum on the tour:
2 adult or minimum rate.
Max 12 adults.
|Pick up and drop off:
At Seyðisfjörður harbor.
7 am, 8 am and 9 am
9 – 10 hours
- Reservation is necessary.
- If you need a pick up at another place please advice when you reserve the tour. Please note that additional cost may apply.
- If you are more then 12 adults, please contact us for tour bookings.
- Child prices apply for children 12 years and younger.
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.
- If you want to buy a lunch pack, please advise when you book the tour. Additional cost will apply.
To see our terms and conditions click here.